We take a great deal of pride in the fact that we grow our own trees. We have a wide range of prairie hardy stock and at the same time recognize the importance of expanding our plant material base. We are constantly researching and field testing new species and varieties of trees for climate and aesthetic suitability, allowing us to introduce new prairie hardy varieties. Due to pests and disease, diversifying our Urban Forests is more important than ever before and we at PNLS understand the importance of expanding our plant material base. Our nursery and our plant material are certified under the Clean Plants Certification Program. In 2013 we patented our tree, Parkland Pillar, a Dakota Pinnacle Birch that a full, compact option for urban spaces.
Growing as a dryland nursery on 500 acres of land considered Zone 2b/3, gives us a range of site conditions to cultivate trees as well as a climate compatible to the South Central Alberta Region. Our growing locations fall within the Alberta Hail Suppression Project zone. While this does not guarantee freedom from adverse weather, it is another tool to assist us in producing high quality plant material. We produce healthy, hardy, high quality trees that meet the requirements of the Canadian Standards for Nursery Stock 8th Edition (2006).
Some of our practices to maintain healthy plant products are:
- Traditional ground feeding fertilizing in spring, coupled with foliar feeding fertilizing to encourage more immediate adsorption, and less run-off.
- Root pruning to encourage fibrous feeder roots, providing a better foundation for our trees.
- Ongoing monitoring, pruning and plant maintenance within the nursery to ensure proper growth, structure and health.
- Using Root Control Bags (RCB) as an alternate method to field-grow trees to encouraging densely fibrous root systems.
- Innovative watering practices including:
o Watering Bags – a product we use ourselves and sell to municipalities and landscapers.
o Mulching and drip-irrigation of basket trees in holding areas to retain healthy root systems.
- Employing an inventory/production software program developed specifically for the nursery industry. This software allows us to track our product from seedling, to harvest, and to the final customer. The production module allows us to include production management practices in our tracking as well as produce documentation required for Clean Plants certification.
- Continually developing and improving the quality and quantity of our finished trees. We actively search out new, innovative growing techniques, stable sources of young tree supplies, and trial new or improved plant selections/varieties. We tour supplier nurseries to see for ourselves the products and practices to ensure they match our high standards.
We offer a variety of services related to the nursery trade, keeping us busy all season long supplying cities, developers, golf courses, landscapers, etc. With our continued dedication to excellent service and exceptional plant material, we eagerly anticipate the many challenges and rewards each new growing season brings.
We currently ship to various areas in Canada and the northern United States. No matter what number of trees or varieties you require, we can deliver.
Tree and Plant Customers:
To order trees call Devon or Wanda at the Sales Desk
Call: 403-340-8755 or Toll- free 1-888-340-TREE(8733)
Large Volume Customers:
To order, use the Current Availability List and email or call our sales team.
Call: 403-340-8755 or Toll-free 1-888-340-TREE(8733)
*Make sure your refresh your browser to get the current availability
Large Volume Customers only
*We have a commitment to protect your privacy.
*Your email address will not be sold or distributed to anyone at anytime.
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale.
All orders received must be accompanied by a 20% deposit at the time of order. If stock has been dug and basketed, cancellation of the order will result in total forfeiture of deposit.
Net 30 days from date of shipment or delivery, on approval of credit. New customer terms are cash or certified cheque to be received prior to product being shipped, or until credit privileges have been approved. Allow 2 weeks for processing. Overdue accounts will be charged a service charge of 2% per month. No further credit will be extended if account s in arrears over 45 days.
All prices quoted are F.O.B. our nursery in Red Deer. All shipments, if arranged by Parkland Nursery & Landscape Services Ltd., will be charged collect to purchaser. All shipments travel at the purchaser’s risk and expense. The responsibility to Parkland Nursery & Landscape Services Ltd. ceases upon delivery of the nursery stock in good condition, to the carrier.
We guarantee our nursery stock to be true to name and to be alive and in good condition upon leaving our nursery. If proven otherwise we will at our option, replace the stock or refund the original amount paid for the nursery stock.
We do not guarantee in any manner, expressed or implied, the productivity of any nursery stock, as we have no control over its care subsequent to leaving the nursery.
We accept all orders subject to crop conditions and on the condition that the order shall be void should injury befall our stock from hail, frost, flood, fire, and error in count, or other caused beyond our control.
- Prices do not include tax.
- Prices subject to change.